This Policy sets out how Global Technology Company Limited “GlobalNet” (individually and collectively, “we”, “our”, “us”, or “the Company”), handle the personal data of our customers involving with collecting, using, disclosing, processing and ensuring that the privacy rights and concerns of our users are taken into consideration and adhered to properly manage and protect when we process personal data.
The policy applies to all personal data for which we collect personal data about you, why and how we collect and process it, and how we share it with others. It also explains the rights that you have in relation to your personal data and how you can exercise these rights. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, we welcome you to contact us via
Contact channel: Global Technology Head Office or call us on + +95 1 654871~75
or by writing to #2-01, Building 16, Myanmar ICT Park, Universities’ of Hlaing Campus, Hlaing Township, Yangon City, Yangon Region, The Republic of Union of Myanmar. 701.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to a person, which enables the identification of such Person, whether directly or indirectly, but not including the information of the deceased Persons in particular.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE WILL COLLECT
The personal data that we may collect related to our services, whether now or in the future, includes but is not limited to:
- Identification information (e.g., name, date of birth, gender, nationality, photograph, citizen card and Identification number, unique device identifiers, geolocation, etc.)
- Contact information (e.g., home address, telephone number, email address)
- Usage behavior information of network services or products related to the services
- Financial information (e.g., payment transaction, credit card number, and bank account number)
- Records of service usage to improve the quality of services and/or to resolve the service issues including information of recording security cameras
- Service information necessary for specific customer groups (e.g., customers with visual impairment, and/or hearing impairment, etc.)
- Certain information required to comply with law, or requests from law enforcement agencies and /or court orders
4. THE SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may obtain your personal data through one of the following means:
Information that you provide to us
- When you sign up for one of our services or when you receive one of our services, this includes processes of filling the request to exercise your rights.
- When you voluntarily respond to our survey or email or any other means (e.g., Short Message Service – SMS, etc.)
- When you use our products and services, we collect required information to support you (e.g., Calling time, data usage, service quality monitoring, etc.)
- When you visit the Company’s website through your browser’s cookies
Information that we collect from other sources
- We may receive personal information about you from third parties, that are allowed to disclose under applicable law or by your consent, by email, phone, or document in connection with services that we provide to you. These third parties include but no limit to business partners, sub-contractors that help the Company to process the application and provide services.
5. THE PURPOSES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We may collect, use, disclose, and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- to fulfill the service contract agreement, enforce our terms of service and provide your use of services and/or access to the Site;
- to administer our services for internal operations, including troubleshooting, network management and improvement, network optimization, and facilitating payment services;
- to conduct research, analysis, and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analytics, surveys, technology development, and/or profiling), to offer you better services and/or benefits;
- to communicate with you about our product and service information, promotions and offers;
- to carry out our marketing analysis, plans, and activist campaigns, and/or together with our affiliates;
- to prevent or suppress a danger to a person’s life, body or health;
- to comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction and / or any other necessity for the legitimate interests of us;
- as the purposes for which the applicable law allows us to collect, use, disclose and / or process your personal data without your consent;
- to use for identification and/or verification in registering our services;
- to facilitate service payments related to product and service usages or purchases;
- to provide aftersale services, respond to your questions/concerns, facilitate any inquiries, suggestions, requests or complaints in respect of our services, compensation and resolve the issues;
- to research, monitor and analyze customer use of our network, products and services on an anonymous or personalized basis, in order to identify general trends, improve our understanding of our customers’ behaviors;
- to notify you of updates or announcements from the regulator and government agencies;
- to manage and fulfill your orders, send you invoices and purchase orders, notify the payment, prepare the receipts and tax invoices, collect payment for our services, or ask for payment;
- to protect and keep our services and network secure, and monitor the customer activities. to protect your personal safety and rights, safety of others and the Company;
- to protect and keep our place of business and offices and showrooms secure (e.g., closed circuit security cameras for safety and crime prevention).
6. HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
After receiving personal information from various data sources, the Company will collect, use or disclose your personal data for the purposes specified in the previous session.
The Company may disclose your personal data, your service usage data to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies including Global Technology Group, government agencies, legal services, information technology service providers, banks and payment service providers, customer support providers, service providers, marketing and advertising management, business consultants, and legal persons Or any other person in which the Company and/or you are a party or having legal relations.
In addition, the Company may have to send your personal information to the regulatory authorities for investigation and may use the results of such data audits to prevent fraud.
In some circumstances, we may need to transfer your personal data to another person, foreign branch offices, or international organizations in some countries that may not have appropriate safeguards.
7. HOW AND HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal data either in the printed paper (hard copy) or in an electronic document system (soft copy) with appropriately secured measures to prevent the loss, unauthorized access, change, and disclosure of your personal data.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than we seem necessary for the purposes for which we collect and process it, or within the effective period of the contract, or within the period of the exercise or defense of legal claims.
When your personal data for which we collect, use, and process it, is no longer required for the purposes and by applicable laws, we will erase or destroy or aggregate and/or anonymize your personal data to an extent that it no longer identifies you.
8. IF YOU REFUSE TO GIVE US YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are obligated by-laws to collect certain personal data necessary to establish a service contract.
- In case you refuse to give us the required personal data for the contract and services, we may not be able to provide services to you.
- In the case that you refuse to give us non-required personal data, you may be able to use our services. However, we may not be able to provide you with a better experience and benefits due to the limitation of use for available personal data to offer you the best value out of it.
9. MARKETING ACTIVITIES AND CAMPAIGNS
During the period you are using our services, we may send you marketing activities and campaigns about products and services of us, advertisers as well as our affiliates which we suppose you are interested in. If you want to withdraw the consent for being informed marketing communications, please contact our designated channels described in section.
This policy is only applied to our products, services, and websites. However, it may contain links to third-party websites and services. We have no control over how third-party websites and services process your personal data, and we are not responsible for such third-party websites and services or their privacy practices.
Please read the privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you access from our websites or services.